The following topics are covered in this month’s community call. Demo: Adaptive Cards Video Player Bot on Teams (set up an Adaptive Card that plays video content within Teams environment, complete sample code) - Alexis Kinzelin (Microsoft), and Q&A – J.P. Roca (Microsoft) and Alexis Kinzelin (Microsoft) field general and demo related questions. This call was hosted by J.P. Roca (Microsoft) | @jpthepm. Recorded on February 10, 2022.
Watch the call here
- Adaptive Cards Video Player Bot on Teams - Alexis Kinzelin (Microsoft) – 00:28
- Q&A J.P. Roca (Microsoft) | @jpthepm and Team – 22:06
Adaptive Cards Video Player Bot on Teams – set up an Adaptive Card that plays video content within Teams. Extends “Company Communicator” app and uses SSO authentication, Microsoft Teams “stage view” and deep linking to play full screen video, no redirection to a web-browser. For videos hosted on SPO or public hosted. Video owner configures Adaptive card via personal bot that generates an Adaptive Card with deeplink to send to users. Recipients with permissions to SharePoint site hosting video, open video without having to authenticate. Sample code and Q&A.
Referenced in this call:
- Repo - Teams Video Player Bot
- Documentation - Tabs link unfurling and Stage View
- Teams template - Company Communicator App Template
- Documentation – Invoke Stage View through deep link
- Repo - Tabs link unfurling and Stage View
- Documentation - List apps installed for user
Next month’s call will be held on Thursday, March 10, 2022 at 9:00am PST. We look forward to talking to you then! Download a recurring calendar invite here at https://aka.ms/adaptivecardscommunitycall.
Check out the previous month’s call recording on our Office Development YouTube Channel
Resources in General:
- Let us know the features you need https://aka.ms/ACRoadmap
- Schema Explorer - https://adaptivecards.io/explorer/Action.Execute.html
- Designer - https://adaptivecards.io/designer/
- Get started with Templating - https://aka.ms/ACTemplating
- Browse the Adaptive Cards Code - https://aka.ms/ACRepo
- Find tools, sample cards and more - https://www.madewithcards.io
- Contribution Guidelines – https://aka.ms/ACRepo
Adaptive Cards feedback channels
The Adaptive Cards developer community call is on the 2nd Thursday of each month. We will provide you with the opportunity to learn about Adaptive Cards in general, how they could be a great tool in your applications and contribute to the evolution of the format and SDKs. Each month, we’ll discuss new features we are bringing to the platform, our roadmap, and listen to your feedback and suggestions.